Vortex Rapid Blend Discs outperform all surface blending discs with our new aggregate grain and 3D construction.
Key Applications / Markets
- Special resin chemistry allows disc to resist shedding when used on sharp edges making it ideal for deburring
- Initially targeted at the aerospace deburring market
- Deburring/knocking off edges of aerospace wing spars and other freshly machined or sheared parts: titanium and other high nickel alloys, stainless, mild steels, and aluminum
- Also ideal for any metal fabrication or MRO edge deburring and machine mark blending applications
- 3 - 8 times the life of competitive surface blending discs
- 3-D construction: abrasive is distributed throughout the entire disc (top, bottom and side) so all three faces can be used – versus competitors' one thin layer of abrasive on the bottom of their discs
- Disc can be consumed, right down to the button, with consistent cut rate throughout entire thickness and life
- Proprietary Vortex aluminum oxide aggregate grain performs the medium and very-fine grit steps of traditional discs in an easy one-step operation
- Special resin chemistry allows disc to resist shedding when used on sharp edges, making it ideal for deburring
- No smearing because edge has no scrim versus competitors' scrimmed discs which can smear
- Fewer safety, ergonomic, and environmental issues due to fewer change-outs, less downtime, and less production waste/landfill scrap
- Shapeable disc edge
Please see the Norton Catalog - Non-woven Disc section PDF file, located in Related Documents in the right hand navigation column of this page, for complete list of specifications for this product.